Taco 'Bout A Shower
Hola, amigos! I promised myself I would document this wedding madness that's taken over my life, so here I am. I say wedding madness because it's been one hell of a ride these past few months. Stress, tears, meltdowns, more stress...let's just say I'm ready to marry my man.
Whenever I mention wedding stress to anyone, I usually hear, "Trust me, soak it all in! You'll miss the planning and excitement once it's all over." Like, I get it. But for an anxious person like myself, planning a 150 person event with zero experience? Not chill. Being a perfectionist has it's perks and downfalls, and wedding planning just so happens to include all of the above. I miss the norm, focusing on other people and their life, having an attention span, not working out every day, eating what I want...you know, being a normal human without this large mess inside my brain.
As 'bridezilla' as I sound right now, there's a light at the end of this chaotic tunnel. And that light was my beautiful fiesta themed bridal shower. It wasn't until I was showered by my best friends that I realized how wonderful it feels to be celebrated for the love that I've come to be so proud of. For a short while, the love Brad and I share is at the center of it all. And it felt damn good to celebrate it with the women that I hold near and dear to my heart. Let's just say it was the best. day. ever.
And now, the 'bridechilla' in me is so ecstatic for the rest of the wedding festivities to come Take a peek at how AMAZING everything turned out!
Every little detail meant so much to me. I've said it once and I'll say it again...I'm going to appreciate EVERY wedding and event I go to now. Do you know how much effort gets put into these things?! It takes a whole team of wonderful friends and family, and I'm so grateful for each and every one of you for giving me the shower of my dreams.
I will say that I was involved in a lot of the planning process, but only because I'm a perfectionist and love to be involved (see above), so serious thanks to those who put up with my requests as well. You the real MVPs!
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but if you DO want the deets...
- My dress is from Cleobella. It's the Amery Maxi Dress and I will wear it until the day I die. I love it so much. Click the link if you wanna sway around in it too!
- My flower crown was created by the talented ladies at Petals & Pop Shop. I asked for their most basic, least expensive crown (hi hello, currently ballin' on a budget), and they gave me an assortment of eucalyptus and mist. I'm currently letting it dry out so I can wear it to my family shower!
- Gigantic "BRIDE" balloons were from Amazon, of course. I won't include the vendor because some of the balloons came with holes in them 😑 good thing we're crafty people.
- #TACOBOUTASHOWER banner & the cutest cactus cupcake toppers you've ever seen? Those were made by my lovely friend XoAS via her Etsy shop. Click the link and shop away for all of your bridal festivities!!
- One of my bridesmaids created the life size cacti by cutting up some cardboard, painting them, and using fake flowers for the blossom effect. Who does that? The greatest friends of all time, apparently. DIY all the way 🙌
- Another one of my girls had the genius idea to use mini piñatas as gift wrap for the game prizes. So cutie.
- Other fiesta must-haves: Coronas, sangria, taco bar, white Mexican banners, succulent favors, and LOTS of color.
***and don't forget that after the party is the hot tub party 😉***
I LOVE YOU MY PEOPLE. Scroll through to see all their pretty faces <3
Now onto bachelorette!